Counterbalance Lift Truck Training
This is the RTITB Yardshunter Operator Training course.
It is vital that candidates holding a Category B licence understand that successful completion of this course will only qualify them to drive LGVs for private land operations, and it will not entitle operators to drive LGVs on the public highway. In order to drive LGVs on the public highway, drivers must obtain an appropriate DVLA licence – Category C for rigid vehicles exceeding 7500kg, and Category C+E for articulated vehicles.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Discuss hazards associated with yardshunting
- Demonstrate safe use of the equipment and identify attachments, components and safety Features
- Demonstrate an effective pre-use inspection of the combination
- Safely reverse the combination in a straight line, from the left, and from the right
- Safely couple and uncouple a semi-trailer.
Get In Touch…
If you would like to book a course or simply need to talk through your requirements, please complete the form below…